Click a button below to find out more.
Case for Change
The objective of the Consolidated Print Training project is to review and update training package components related to skills in the areas listed below.
This project will update ICP qualifications currently in the training package, and is based on three approved Cases for Change for the Printing and Graphic Arts Training Package:
- Industry knowledge and employability skills
- Design, marketing and other pre-press technical units of competency
- Print and post-press technical units of competency
The AISC endorsed these projects in June 2018, August 2018 and February 2019.
Click below to view the Cases for Change.
Note: The Case for Change for Industry knowledge and employability skills is contained within the Industry Skills Forecast and Proposed Schedule of Work 2018
PwC’s Skills for Australia conducted industry consultations from September 2018 to April 2019 for this project on behalf of the Printing and Graphic Arts Industry Reference Committee.
Consultation focussed on determining what changes are required to update to the ICP Training Package following the consolidation of qualifications in 2015.
- identifying improvements to structure and packaging rules for ICP qualifications to provide greater clarity about the skills they provide and how they relate to jobs in printing operations and print preparation
- updating existing units of competency to include new technology used by the industry and remove units which have been identified by industry as being out of date or duplicative
- exploring the need for new skills sets in specialist areas in the industry.
To stay up to date on how this project is progressing and contribute your views, please subscribe to our mailing list.
Training Product Development
Following the Printing and Graphic Arts (ICP) Industry Reference Committee’s (IRC) approval of our key findings from consultation, we have developed draft training products for this project.
The second batch of these draft training products is now available for your feedback.
How to provide your feedback
We want to hear from you. We will be accepting feedback on this batch of draft training products up until COB July 26th, 2019.
Click below to download the draft training products and a summary document containing more information on how to provide your feedback.
To keep up to date on how this project is progressing, please subscribe to our mailing list.