Click a button below to find out more.
Case for Change
The Case for Change for this project was approved by the Australian Industry Skills Committee (AISC) in June 2019.
Click on the link below to view the Case for Change, which is embedded in the ICT Industry Skills Forecast and Proposed Schedule of Work for 2019.
On behalf of the ICT IRC, PwC’s Skills for Australia commenced consultation for this project in November 2019.
The consultation plan has been designed to engage the widest possible population of stakeholders from all states and territories, non-metropolitan regions, and small and medium sized organisations.
Consultation methodologies include:
- Inter-organisational and intra-organisational focus groups; in-person and via teleconference and video conference facilities
- In-depth individual interviews; in-person and via teleconference and video conference facilities
- Survey instruments open to the public; online
- Public feedback on proposed changes; online
These methodologies are being used to gather data from relevant stakeholders including:
- Employers including both IT organisations and non-IT organisations
- Peak bodies including industry and professional associations
- Industry networks and subscriber based mailing lists
- Industry Reference Committee members
- Registered Training Organisations and trainers and assessors
- State Training Authorities and Industry Technical Advisory Boards
- Federal, state and territory government departments and government owned corporations
- Identified key stakeholders including individuals and organisations
Consultations involve identifying the expertise of stakeholders and engaging them on the specific changes to the training package relevant to their expertise.
If you would like to contribute to the consultation for this project, please get in touch at email@example.com.
Training Product Development
The final round of public consultation for this project has now closed.
The next step will be to develop a Case for Endorsement for changes to the ICT Training Package, which will be presented to the IRC for approval and then submitted to the AISC.
Thank you to all our stakeholders who have provided their valuable feedback. To stay up to date on how this project is progressing, please subscribe to our mailing list.
The Case for Endorsement for this project was approved by the AISC in December 2020.
Resulting changes to the ICT Training Package can be viewed in the Case for Endorsement document below.
These changes have been reflected on the Training.gov.au website in late January 2021.
For updates on the ICT Training Package, please subscribe to our mailing list.