Click a button below to find out more.
Case for Change
This project’s objective is to review the units of competency (UoCs) in ICT qualifications from Diploma and above. It focuses on the specialisation and deepening of prior knowledge in order to upskill or secure a more specialised position.
The Case for Change for this project was approved by the Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC) in December 2018.
Click on the link below to view the Case for Change, which is embedded in the ICT Industry Skills Forecast and Proposed Schedule of Work for 2018.
On behalf of the ICT IRC, PwC’s Skills for Australia commenced consultation for this project in September 2018.
The consultation plan has been designed to engage the widest possible population of stakeholders from all states and territories, non-metropolitan regions, and small and medium sized organisations.
Consultation methodologies include:
- Inter-organisational and intra-organisational focus groups; in-person and via teleconference and video conference facilities
- In-depth individual interviews; in-person and via teleconference and video conference facilities
- Survey instruments open to the public; online
- Public feedback on proposed changes; online
These methodologies are being used to gather data from relevant stakeholders including:
- Employers including both IT organisations and non-IT organisations
- Peak bodies including industry and professional associations
- Industry networks and subscriber based mailing lists
- Industry Reference Committee members
- Registered Training Organisations and trainers and assessors
- State Training Authorities and Industry Technical Advisory Boards
- Federal, state and territory government departments and government owned corporations
- Identified key stakeholders including individuals and organisations
Consultations involve identifying the expertise of stakeholders and engaging them on the specific changes to the training package relevant to their expertise.
If you would like to contribute to the consultation for this project, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.