Click a button below to find out more.
Case for Change
The Case for Change for this project was developed in response to the following findings from industry consultation:
- Demand for automotive managers with the customer service, marketing, and analytical skills to develop a strong repeat customer base and provide a competitive edge in understanding demand and purchasing decisions is growing.
- It is important that any type of management training includes these areas of focus.
- Management training is an important progression pathway within the industry – many technicians look to progress by moving into management positions or running their own businesses.
- It is unclear whether automotive workplace specific management training is required by the industry.
Qualifications in scope include:
- AUR40116 Certificate IV in Automotive Management
- AUR50116 Diploma of Automotive Management
PwC’s Skills for Australia is in the process of consulting with a wide range of stakeholders relevant to this sub-sector of the automotive industries.
If you would like to read the Industry Skills Forecast and Proposed Schedule of Work 2018 you can download it below.
Please subscribe to our website to be kept up-to-date on how this project is progressing.
Between August and October 2018, PwC’s Skills for Australia undertook a national round of consultation on the AUR and AUM Training Packages, on behalf of the five Automotive Industry Reference Committees.
The consultation findings, as well as the proposed Training Package changes, can be found in the Recommendations Report below.