Click a button below to find out more.
Case for Change
The Case for Change for this project was developed in response to the following findings from industry consultation:
- The primary job role from AUR21416 Certificate II in Automotive cooling systems technology is obsolete.
- Retrofit of air conditioning and HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) systems should not be carried out due to safety considerations and risks that have been identified over the past 20 years.
- The retrofit training component of AURETU005 Retrofit and modify air conditioning and HVAC systems should be removed from the performance evidence.
- Improvement opportunities such as developing the skill to read wiring diagrams and identification of gases were identified.
Qualifications in scope include:
- AUR21416 Certificate II in Automotive Cooling System Technology
- AUR20218 Certificate II in Automotive Air Conditioning Technology
PwC’s Skills for Australia is in the process of consulting with a wide range of stakeholders relevant to this sub-sector of the automotive industries.
If you would like to read the Industry Skills Forecast and Proposed Schedule of Work 2018 you can download it below.
Please subscribe to our website to be kept up-to-date on how this project is progressing.
Between August and October 2018, PwC’s Skills for Australia undertook a national round of consultation on the AUR and AUM Training Packages, on behalf of the five Automotive Industry Reference Committees.
The consultation findings, as well as the proposed Training Package changes, can be found in the Recommendations Report below.